Character Costume Figure Drawing will develop your drawing skills to improve your renderings. Not only is this book gorgeous and inspirational, but these comprehensive visual images carefully illustrate–step-by-step–how to successfully render dynamic characters with personality and life. This book presents drawing instruction with detailed breakdowns of various types of characters. Maternal? Elderly? Sassy? Sexy? It all starts with body proportion, bone structure, body masses, facial expressions, and the hands and feet. Hats, props, fabrics, and choice of medium are all thoroughly covered to ensure the ability to develop convincing lifelike characters.
- Includes unique three-step drawing guides that develop the sketch from stick figure to full-blown character
- Detailed examples of how to draw faces, hands, and feet
- Learn to draw realistic fabrics in a multitude of colors and textures
- NEW: Learn to draw your character based on the time period they are from
- NEW: Learn to draw children and music/dance characters.
“At present, I know of no other books that address this important aspect of costume design. I am particularly pleased that the author addresses CHARACTER so heavily in her presentation of material. This is, after all, what plays are about.”–Madeline Ann Kozlowski, Emmy Award winning Costume Designer and Professor of Costume Design
“Not only are there body types, movement and mediums. It covers fabrics and works in a way my students can understand as well as use. The artwork is lush! A must for any design teacher.”–Barbara Sack, Professor of Costume Design